The Opportunity: Gold, Copper & Cobalt – Australia
Our projects have been chosen through a data driven process largely eliminating personal bias. This gives Duke Exploration Limited a greater chance of exploration success. By statistically measuring geological potential, through a mineral prospectivity analysis process undertaken by our strategic ally Kenex Limited, our exploration effort and exploration funding will be spent in the most geologically permissive areas for the styles of mineralisation we are targeting.
This process will also determine what new data needs to be collected, improving the efficiency and reducing the cost of exploration planning for each tenement. Exploration funds are therefore more likely to increase value quickly at each tenement.
All projects contain modelling targets we have identified as having a number of key similarities to known economic deposits in the surrounding districts. They have been validated by past exploration but require further exploration to determine the scale of potential resources.
Kenex has applied this methodology for a number of companies and government departments over the last 15 years, successfully helping several listed companies grow their exploration portfolio and identify new deposits and resources.
All tenements meet our current criteria of:
- Commodity – Gold, Copper, Cobalt focus
- Economic drill intersections
- Proximity to infrastructure
- Low sovereign risk
- Low entry cost (vacant ground)
- Raise up to $1.2m AUD in seed capital in order to list on the ASX.
- Carry out pre-listing data compilation, integration and interpretation to allow “ground truthing” of acquired projects to prioritise drill targets.
- Raise up to $6m AUD through an IPO process for drilling and exploration.
- List Duke Exploration by the first quarter of 2018.
- Commence target drilling on prioritised targets by second half 2018.
- Discover a resource/s within 12 months of listing.
- Define the resource/s within 24 months of listing.
Seed funds will be used to prepare a prospectus and meet the requirements for ASX listing.
In addition, approximately $350K will be used to undertake “ground truthing” and prepare drill targets.
Approximately 80% of costs associated with Duke Exploration’s Board, Management team and advisors will be remunerated by taking up equity during the period prior to ASX listing.
- Five tenements currently owned by Duke Exploration.
- A 5% free carried interest (with the opportunity to increase to 10%) up to bankable feasibility study in five tenements managed by Emmerson Resources Ltd (ASX:ERM) in New South Wales.
- Strategic Alliance with Kenex for the use of spatial statistical computer software (e.g. Geographic Information System (GIS)) and targeting system processes, and the expertise of Kenex personnel to model and analyse data sets (sourced from government, company information and industry research) for factors specific to metals in various mineral systems which increase the probability of exploration success.
- A strong mining industry governance and management team with a successful background in exploration, project development, operations, finance and corporate administration, focussed on maximising Duke Exploration’s unique competitive advantage and expertise to add shareholder value to tenements held by the company.
- Extensive experience in managing and growing shareholder value for publicly listed companies around the world.
Who we are
We are a group of resource professionals who have secured five exploration tenements with the aim of exploring, discovering and developing a number of targeted minerals. We aim to raise up to $1.2m AUD seed capital and then up to $6m AUD operating capital by an Initial Public Offering (IPO) listing on the ASX.
Westrade is an investment company based in Geraldton, Western Australia. Westrade has enjoyed investment success with another business set managed by some of the Duke Exploration board members.
Westrade is following those individuals and backing their next venture – Duke Exploration. Westrade will be a cornerstone seed investor and will continue to support the business through to listing.
Tuia Group blends business consulting, commercial law and economic development expertise into a seamless range of services for organisation. Backed by management, corporate, legal and investment experts, Tuia Group works with clients across public and private sectors as well as indigenous groups and organisations in the Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
Tuia Group will undertake the legal work required for listing and will be remunerated in-part by equity, Tuia Group will also inject additional seed capital.
Kenex Limited is a geological consulting and business development services firm based in New Zealand, that utilises their specialised intellectual property to identify opportunities for business development.
Wellypreneurs are a group of dedicated entrepreneurs and Angel investors based in Wellington, New Zealand.
They specialise in supporting technology and innovation enterprises and will be cornerstone investors in this unique mining exploration venture.
Managing Director - Mr Eugene Iliescu
Eugene is an Engineer Surveyor with a degree in Social Science and over 35 years of experience in the resources sector. He has been involved in projects across the industry spectrum including exploration, mine development, mine operations and mine closure in Australia, USA, the Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe and the Pacific Region.
Chairman – Mr. Toko Kapea
Toko is a Wellington (New Zealand) based director, commercial lawyer and consultant. He is a director of Tuia Group Limited and a partner in Tuia Legal. He has worked at Chapman Tripp and in legal roles in-house at Meridian Energy, Bank of New Zealand, St. George Bank NZ and ANZ.
Non-Executive Director – Dr Gregor Partington
Dr Greg Partington is the Managing Director of his own New Zealand and Western Australian based company, Kenex, and of Kenex KSL, which is focused on creating business opportunities through the application of spatial and predictive modelling.
Operations Manager - Mr. Campbell McKenzie
Mr Campbell McKenzie is a Wellington based consultant and director with over 20 years’ experience in the minerals sector in both technical and management roles in private and public companies and government.
Non Executive Director, Company Secretary – Mr. Paul Frederiks
Paul Frederiks has extensive experience in public company financial and secretarial management with more than 30 years’ experience as a finance and corporate governance executive in the Australian resources sector, with an extensive knowledge base in listed public company reporting and compliance.